Dec 02, 2020 · Gian Lorenzo Bernini, Ecstasy of St. Teresa, 164552, (Cornaro Chapel, Santa Maria della Vittoria, Rome). Saint Teresa She lived during the middle of the sixteenth century in Spainat the height of the Reformation. Ecstasy of St. Teresa by Bernini - Wikimedia CommonsJan 27, 2021 · The Ecstasy of St. Teresa (alternatively St. Teresa in Ecstasy or Transverberation of St. Teresa) is the central marble group of a sculpture complex designed and completed by Giovanni Lorenzo Bernini for the Cornaro Chapel of Santa Maria della Vittoria in Rome. It is one of the sculptural masterpieces of High Roman Baroque .
My Dashboard; Pages; HISTORY & THEMES VIDEO:4.2 Gianlorenzo Bernini:The Ecstasy of St. Teresa Sexuality and Spirituality:Bernini and the Ecstasy of Apr 20, 2017 · What Bernini, that great master of Italian baroque, offers in The Ecstasy is a very literal interpretation of an event that Teresa of Avila herself described. A pioneer of Catholic reform, later declared a Saint, Teresa experienced dramatic mystical visions throughout her life. In her autobiography, The Life of Teresa of Jesus, she uses St. Teresa in Ecstasy is an excellent example of:- ScieMceThe Ecstasy of Saint Teresa (fig. 19.3) is Gianlorenzo Bernini's illustration of the mystical experiences of this saint born in Avila, Spain Bernini's great sculptural grouping Saint Teresa of Ávila in Ecstasy (Fig. 23-1, Fig. 23-5) is located in the Cornaro Chapel, Church of
Jul 01, 2006 · CLOUDS - In translating Teresa's mystical vision into stone, Bernini first captured Teresa's reports of levitation by having her borne on a bank of marble clouds. (The clouds are hollow, to decrease the weight of the wall-mounted sculpture.) As inspiration for his 1652 sculpture Saint Teresa in Ecstasy, Gianlorenzo Bernini kept returning to one The Ecstasy of St Teresa by Gian Lorenzo Bernini, Santa Nov 05, 2019 · The church of Santa Maria della Vittoria is home to a masterpiece by the great Baroque sculptor, Gian Lorenzo Bernini (1598-1680). The Ecstasy of St Teresa (1647-52) was commissioned by Federico Cornaro (1579-1653), a wealthy Venetian cardinal, who, in 1647, acquired the patronage of the left transept of Santa Maria della Vittoria, the newly-built church of the Order of the Discalced Carmelites. The Ecstasy of St. TheresaThe Ecstasy of St. Theresa, created between 1645-1652, is housed inside of the Cornaro Chapel, and is heralded as "one of Bernini's most brilliant and suggestive sculptural and architectural compositions" (The New York Times, 42). In terms of its form, the sculpture is
When we look at Bernini's Ecstasy of Saint Teresa, we must consider the space that surrounds it. The grouping in the centerpiece of the Cornaro Chapel, named for the Cornaro family who commissioned the chapel and hired Bernini to decorate it.